View Single Post
Old 2006-11-24, 11:24am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
Ok, this isn't simple. I have twice been to Ace Hardware, the heating & cooling place that installed my line & the only welding place in town today. Nobody can help me. No-one undertsands what I am trying to do. The parts they give me don't fit each other, or my pipe. The welding guy is going to his house to get some parts to see if they'll work. I am so frustrated. A 4 day weekend, and no torching.
Tell welding guy its the same "connector" ( "b" type) that is on base of propane/acetylene regulator (the output connector from regulator where hose attaches)... That is only "custom" piece you need, all other pieces are "common"..... Used one off old dicarded fuel regulator will do as long as it is not damaged...

"b" fitting...

IF you go with barbed fitting and cut off hose end, it should be a common item at any hardware store....

Barbed connector...

Reducer.... Used to adapt barbed or "b" fitting to incomming NG gas pipe/cutoff valve...

Worm type hose clamp...

"Single" bolt clamp ( Mike's suggetion)

Maybe you need to print out pictures and take them with you.....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-11-24 at 11:32am.