View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 1:33pm

Go for the Feng Frit but make sure to use CC or Paypal. When times are good ... it comes pretty fast.

If you don't see it within 2-3 weeks ... it isn't one of the good times. She's in the Netherlands so there is definitely a lag.

I've bought from Chrissy multiple times and she is a great gal. Just got alot of irons in the fire. But I've had "shipping" issues with at least 50% of my orders (lost in shipment, returned to Chrissy for some unknown reason, etc.).

Here's my way of playing with any new color:

Put it on a base of clear, one unencased one encased, repeat above with white and black as the bases (beware some whites don't like to be next to the mandrel ... I usually start with a wrap of clear just in case). You can also expand on it with attempting to reduce and attempting to strike (to see what if any difference it makes). Once you see what the individual colors do ... then you can more fun with layering them.

Definitely check out the threads for colors for boro bead makers and Ginko Glasses Color Recipe thread. I'll go see if I can find some links. Great color combos and photos/tips in both of these!!

Boro bead color combos: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206580

Color recipes http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=105586

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraconklin View Post
powders scare me too, coal miners daughter syndrome....,

i got crazy and put a bit of all the frit i had, amazon bronze, triple passion, amber purple, some cobalt, green and red exotic hummm, anyhow, made a base bead of clear with a twisty of paris green and disco sparkle to give it some light color and depth. have learned my lesson, will not go into production until i see how it looks tomorrow. maybe will post.

thank yu Laura for all the indepth data. i may just get the Feng Frit sample since it seems to be the only game in town for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MagpieGlass; 2012-04-22 at 1:40pm.