View Single Post
Old 2018-01-25, 11:59pm
Phill

My suggestion is to start out with good basic stuff;

Get a good kiln. Used and less expensive if you can. New and smaller if you must.

This is a patience thing.

Shop everywhere for a used oxycon. They come up all the time in the want ads.
Someones parent will have been using one until they cross the rainbow bridge and the insurance will have paid several grand for it new but they can not be re-used for medical purposes unless they get re-certified which almost as expensive as buying new so they don't often get re-certified.

This is an email I sent to a Craigs List seller in 2014 for a 5 LPM unit;

Hi Tami.
I saw your new ad on Craig’s List and that you did not use the choice of an email response so I am sure that you have been inundated by
emails.
I am only sending this one to you because there are
some things about these machines you may not be aware of.
My research on the ‘net says that it is illegal to sell these machines to some one to use as a medical device with out a prescription.

Here is where I found that :
http://www.everythingrespiratoryandm...-concentrator/

The places that do sell used machines for medical use with a prescription are asking for a thousand dollars for used machines.
Here is a website I found with your model :
http://www.openboxmedical.com/shop/r...ii-unit-combo/
If you sold your machine to one of these places they would have to
re-certify it for medical use and between that cost, the costs of shipping and
the cost of reselling it I don’t think they will will give you the six hundred dollars I am now willing to offer you.

This unit was being sold with a tank filling compressor called a Homefil II otherwise I would have only offered her $400.

Oxygen concentrators come up for sale often so spend some time shopping and look in major cities near by or as close as you are willing to drive.

I once bought a 10LPM unit 200 miles away from me for $200 because they were moving out of the country and wanted to get rid of it quickly.

PS You wont need a regulator or flashback or check valves on hoses from oxycons . Oxygen itself doesn't burn, it just causes everything else to burn.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2018-01-26 at 12:44am.