View Single Post
Old 2008-09-19, 12:34pm

Jenny, thanks. When I finally get nerve enough to actually turn my kiln on and LEAVE it on. So far I've only turned it on twice. Just to test it and see if I can adjust the settings because I don't have a digital controller. Thats next on my list. I have a whole pile of beads (practice beads, but they are still pretty) that I have yet to anneal. I like to make small beads, flame anneal them then set them aside and then anneal them later.
Wow, I'm getting off topic sorry! I just ramble on an on........
About the aventurine it's funny. Because I have some goldstone chunks which were given to me as a bonus with my first glass order. I had no idea what these chunks were when I picked them up and looked at them. So I decided to pick a piece up with tweezers and melt it. Surprisingly, it wasn't shocky at all. I decided to make a stringer out of it, but found out quickly THAT doesn't work unless you encase it with clear first. LOL! Plus, I burned all the sparkle out of it. I still have about 4 or 5 big chunks of it thankfully so that when I learn how to use it properly I'll have it.