View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 6:04am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby firefly View Post
Love the bears Kristina !! Making up my new shopping list, I see some new colors that I'm dying to try. Is the brown bear made with their med brown color so many people liked? I'm ordering that color and I see they've added a dark brown that looks very nice too. That semi op peach, yum , the cranberry and burgandy, oh, there goes all my money...
Yes, it's their Opaque Medium Brown. It's a beautiful (Beary-nice) color. Here are pics of 2 bears made with it.

I am also pulling all the colors of Devardi into stringers because painting and sculpting on beads with them is incredible. They stay put and hold up under the flame. I got a box of shorts to get a large number of colors and I am having a blast with them.

I just did a test goldfish bead with the Devardi Stringers using Moretti clear stringers to wrap/encase. There was NO smearing in the fish. What a first! The shape of the Fish Bowl needs work, but you can see the fish stayed tight!

I haven't fired or cleaned the beads yet - sorry for the Vermiculite dust on the bear. I wanted to show the pic!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2009-11-04 at 6:07am.