View Single Post
Old 2006-09-05, 3:38pm

Here's my take on all the clears....

Personally, I like the Lausha because of it's creamyness, but the Vetrofond Crystal Clear is even better quality but more expensive. However, having said that Moretti plays much better with anything that has metal in it - Kuglar clear will crack most of the time (maybe not right away, but somewhere in time it will) if you encase any metal with it (ie. silver wire, silver mesh, or even just fuming with silver) - at least that's been my experience with it - I know some people love it and that they're reformulating it (so no hate mail about that please - I'll try again once reformulated). Furthermore, if you're pulling any sort of large canes (like murini or millifiori), or even just casing latticcino, you generally cannot use Lauscha, Vetrofond, or Kuglar because they all cool two quickly on the surface and cause your canes to be thick, or you end up with "dog-bones" pulls for murini. But I definitely wouldn't use the Moretti Crystal Clear for that!! Use the regular clear as it's cheaper.

But having said all that - I would defnitely buy it to use for casing latticcinos or casing things with metal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dave; 2006-09-05 at 3:41pm.