View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 8:55am
Lampworkaholic!

I've encased literally dozens of beads with Uroboros 104 without problems including all kinds of silver glass. I blew through 4 lbs. of it and already ordered more. I've used murrini on a number of them.

I've never bought murrini from Jamie Lynne. I've been in one murrini exchange, but I've kept those murrini separate and have never used them.

Brad I absolutely did not mean to imply that it was off-spec SC. I was just pondering possibilities and as I concluded, I didn't think it would make that radical a difference even if it was.

I've watched Trey Cornette use a chunk of 96 Raku rod (not cane) to make murrini and use it on 104 beads. There's enough silver in 96 Raku, MC and MCD that they should all be fine on the surface of 104.

The test bead I made yesterday is fine so far but it took this one a couple of days to crack so I'm going to watch it and see what happens. I didn't encase it so its not really a fair test anyway.

I think this may be destined to remain a mystery - and hopefully a one-time fluke!

Andrea here's another bead in that design.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2013-03-03 at 2:46pm.