View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 7:00pm

Default What to do - no room in studio for vent!

We have lived in the same mid century (as in 1963) home for many years. My studio is not original to the house - but claimed from the overhang of the sorta second story when we enclosed the space. Two sides of the room are sliding glass doors. The opposite walls are sheet rock (my supplies) and a brick wall 2/3rds up to a window, where my workbench is located. The problem is (and I'm sure there are many more to come) is that the ceiling is is only about 7 feet. It makes for a very small space to box up all those fumes - even if I have both sets of doors open.

We have no attic, garage, shed or basement for me to use, and no other room in the house. I was at Home Depot today prowling for some sort of solution (other than working outside - not practical in New Orleans summers).

Does anybody know of, or have a suggestion about, a portable vent system? I read about the funnel system, could that possibly work for me?

Also, what would I be asking for as far as "suck power" (I'm sure there's a more technical name...) What department at Home Depot? I guess my a/c guy could do this? Would one of those smoke inhaler machines they used in bars work?

Please be patient with me...

Thanks in advance,
renee

Last edited by renee in nola; 2008-03-22 at 7:08pm. Reason: forgot a question