View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 7:27pm

Default Anybody have Quilting/Torching/Jewelry Making Studio?

Hi
I quilt, torch and make jewelry - is it possible to do all of this in one studio? I don't want to give up my quilting ...we used to live on a farm...one spare bedroom I used to make quilts and make jewelry...I did my torch work in a small building on the propery - and by january I could not go out there because it was too cold...even with a fire in the wood stove...Last Oct we purchased a cottage on Lake Erie...In Dec we sold the farm and by February moved into the cottage - in April we started our reno's...a 3 room addition and extended the kitchen and raised the roof...we are now getting ready to start the other end of the cottage - which will be a 2 car garage with a studio at one end (on the lake side) seperated with my own entrance and heated...my DH said that my studio will be 12X12but I don't think that is is going to be big enough...
I took out the measuring tape and marked out the measurements and it seems too small...
I need space for:
3 large tables
cutting fabric
sewing machine setup for sewing
storing fabric (I have about 8 xtra lrg bins of fabric)
storage for all of my quilting tools,gadgets,threads
ironing board

2 kilns one for annealing and one for fusing
torch space
glass grinder
beadliner
glass storage - rods, sheets, frit, etc
sink with running water
all of my silversmithing tools

jewelry making area
storage for beads, findings, wire
tools

and a lot of counter workspace

I know I am asking for a lot - that is why I want to find somebody that does it all and has it all setup in one space...so I can get some ideas...
I think that 12 X 16 would probably be pretty good...or if somebody is doing it all in a smaller space that I can get ideas from...

any ideas would be appreciated...
thank you
Paulette