View Single Post
Old 2011-02-20, 11:08am
Salt Box Beads

I have three studios. Sort of. I wish had one building to house it all together in but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Juls, your place is really REALLY nice, and I am just a little jealous..LOL

In a spare bedroom in the house I have the computer, all of my jewelry supplies, the jewelry workbench area, the 'store', the files, most of the books and the photo set up.

Studio two is set up in the garage where I have the metalsmithing bench, the workbench for the acid etching area, my power saws/ tools for metal, my upright air compressor which is 220 and that is only in the garage, and my sandblasting cabinet with the vacuum exhaust. I also do most of the lapidary out in the garage because most of that equipment is there and the sinks are there near the washer and dryer.

All of my glass storage shelves are in the garage right now.

The third studio will be for the lampworking. A tuff shed from Home Depot. I hope to have it purchased and built by summer. My lampworking Bench is set up in the kitchen temporarily for now and the exhaust system is also up and running out a kitchen window.

So three separate areas. It may be condensed a little more depending on how much I can fit into the 10x12 shed. I would like to keep it cute with fun decorating but I think it will more than likely be a real workshop and look more like a woodshop than a cute studio..

We do what we gotta do......