View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 8:04am
@miniuniworld

Default Is there a simple answer to setting up the right ventilation?

Hi!

I am new to lampworking and definitely new to installing things in my house.

I want to put a studio in our sunroom but am worried about the fumes going into the house. So I need to put in an exhaust system. I have read through many threads, dating 2008 to the last one posted here. But I am so lost with all the information I am reading.

I was wondering if there is something (an article, or suggestion) that can help me set up the correct ventilation system in a way that is easy to understand (not necessarily the simple solution).
Maybe even with a link to where I can see what Model of fan I will need?
where to buy the hoods and pipes?
And do I hire a plumber to install all this?

I am planning to get natural gas into the sun room and will be using oxygen concentrators so I don't need to have to deal with any tanks.

we have 2 little ones in the house. =) so I definitely don't want any fumes leaking into the house. And keep things as safe as possible.

Moreover. It is my dream to bring lampworking to the women of S. Africa. I volunteer with an organization (Zimele) that empowers women to stand on their own two feet by learning to create art, start new businesses and care for one another. http://www.zimelecommunity.org/

One day, I would love to take my knowledge and help set up a studio for them and teach them how to lampwork! So everything I learn from setting up my studio will be knowledge I will use to set up their studio!

All of your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by @miniuniworld; 2012-02-20 at 8:38am.