View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 12:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliglassguy View Post
Thank you for all the advice/ suggestions/pros/cons....I think I may just settle on a Kobuki torch if I can afford it or just wait till I have saved enough to afford it. I love the looks of the Herbert Arnold and it does seem to be easy to adjust from the short video I've watched though not sure if I'd get the 40 or 50 or 65 mm Herbie. If I'm unable to wait I'll likely settle for a Mirage price wise it seems an easier upgrade than waiting till I can plunk down 3300+ for a Kobuki and another 4oo+ for the foot pedal. Time to start signing up for overtime at my day job and beginning the torch fund. I may check out the Sidewinder too though I'm not sure of the capabilities for larger marbles heat wise on the sidewinder.
in the local glass shop where I some times hang out they run both the kabuki and the dleta elite. while the kabuki has more flame variations they tell me the delta has more heat.
As far as foot pedals go you can build one easliy for around $100 I am very happy with the one I built

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-151