View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 1:52am

LOL! Scott, if I could make a jellyfish that looked like that, I would be John Kobuki and you'd pay ME for classes!!! hehehe. I WISH! Oh my... I was supposed to make jellyfish marbles tonite (for the first time). I completely forgot because I was doing taxes. We should revolt! Oh yah... didn't we already revolt once to avoid paying taxes? What happened? Waaahhh.

I thought I'd mention something about the photos... I knew I was shooting these for the net, so the originals are the smallest possible size, 640x480. This is relevant because you know I didn't cheat to get clarity by cropping a 10 mega pixel image a bit. If I did that (note that my Mavica is only capable of 4 megapixels), my images would be SHARP. If I cropped down from 4 mega pixels, they'd be SHARPER than you see. These are cropped to 400 from 640 pixels.

The only reason I brought this up is that not every lampworker needs to be a photographer too. While you can definitely get crisper shots, for the 72 dpi resolution of the net, and the 96 dpi maximum screen resolution of the typical monitor... you can save a whole lot of money and time with an old Sony camera on regular automatic, and a cheap photoediting proggie. You do not need fancy equipment to make decent product photos, just a good eye (which most artists already have in spades).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Non-Glass Sites:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.