View Single Post
Old 2021-12-16, 7:28am

Smile What would you determine was a slow ramp up?

Ok that’s good to know and I kinda had figured as much I just didn’t wanna try and completely ruin what I want so badly to fix. My last question is how slowly should I ramp up from 920 to 1050 like at what rate degrees per hour? Really slow like 100/hr or like 500/hr or some other amount? And I don’t typically anneal things for long I guess I don’t honestly know how long is or would be proper? I know it depends on the piece and thickness I’m sure— I’m just doing marbles and pendants at this point and not super large ones necessarily… though I do make marbles about an inch n half and even those I rarely leave them in the kiln at 1050 for more than an hour usually 45 min and then I just click the kiln off and let it cool at its own rate and I don’t mess with checking it by opening the kiln at all for a good 8 hours usually…is this enough time? I can’t say that I’ve experienced any cracked or necessarily weak pieces at all yet so maybe this is right?? I’m just rolling with what feels right at this point …. Instinctive lampworking you might say — 😂 but am always in search of advice or any tips or tricks anyone uses…. Thanks in advance!!