View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 2:44pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlannd View Post
This really sucks! Who is she? What do we know about her to date? I've always trusted PayPal. I thought they protected both the buyer and the seller. I guess when push comes to shove, I was wrong!
This was quite the saga. Her name was Cheryl Curran and she was actually charged with the theft and found guilty. I don't remember how many any more, but I think there were over 20 people that were stolen from and about 10 that went forward with charges against her.

Here is the scenearo super, super short version.

Someone posted in the bathroom that someone had stolen a tutorial from her. That opened pandora's box and turned out a lot of us were going through the same thing.

We tried calling the police down where she lives and we were getting the run around that their wasn't much they could do because of us not being in her state.

Come to find out? The sherrif we were talking to was her son. Yes, her son.

So I personally called the county sherrif down there and he took down all the info and fully understood how sensitive this was. Well, bless him, he drove right over to her house and knocked on her door.

Well, he was really surprised that right there, in her living room was boxes full of our stuff. She confessed right there and he took everything that was visible in site.

She was charged and found guilty.

Short version.