View Single Post
Old 2008-06-02, 6:20am

Default Boro Marbles Layered Petals

Hi Everybody,

I have been trying to figure out the floral marbles on my own. I was hoping to take a class with John Kobuki but I wasn't able to... So I am still perplexed about how to get layers in a floral marble. For instance, on a pansy so it looks like one petal is behind the others if you know what I mean. I suspect it has to do with laying down some petals and imploding a little and then adding more petals and imploding more. But I just did a flower like that - put down the outer petals and imploded a bit, then put down the inner petals and imploded a bit, then added the stamens and finished the imploding...and it actually looks flatter and the petals more closely layered than when I just lay all the petals and stamen down at once and implode. Hope I'm making sense with this explanation... Anybody have any ideas? I am also working on butterflies and the body, antenna and head seem to float above the wings - I don't want them to implode too much I guess so I am thinking maybe I should add them last after imploding the wings a bit??

Thanks for your insight!!

Sandy