View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 7:49am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshobbit View Post
I've done both. The problem with the puffy mandrel is that my beads are lopsided. Just hollow on one side and solid on the other side. Need to PPP.
Are you starting with a hollow here(i am guessing you probably are)? or are you starting with a hollow and then blowing. If not starting with a hollow, there is your problem, if starting with a hollow, try puffing more lightly, and maybe at a cooler heat, and possible a more even heat, you can always get the side that is not puffing hot again as well and puff out that side only, might not be even, but then again thats the problem already. Its kindda like using a press, you dont have to do it all in one puff, you can puff, re-heat, puff re-heat and keep going, you will have more control over your shape this way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: