View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 7:23am
Drawn to the Flame

Default Clear Thread...types and characteristics

HI all,

I was wondering if we could start a thread that lists the different clears out there.

I was going through my glass last night and found that I have at LEAST 5 different kinds of clear...some I KNOW about and others I don't!

Can you post the kinds of clear you use and what your thoughts are about it? and what applications you use it for???

I think it might help clear up MY confusion and might help some others too!

Moretti clear...used to use stringers for clear encasing, but moved to lausha 4mm instead. the first clear I worked with.

Moretti Super Clear..I used one rod and it looks like it had finger prints trapped in it. it also works stiff.

Vetrofond clear...I had a really bad issue with it getting little bubbles in it.

KAS clear from arrow springs...it LOOKS beautiful. i have 2lbs of it, but have heard that it may not be compatible...

New Clear from Moretti I think...don't think I have used it yet!

Richenbach clear...i like this stuff. it seems a little stiff, but works well and doesnt scum!

Lausha clear from LONG ago...i DO llike this. It was my FIRST love in the clear world. It flows well but bubbles on me sometimes!

Kugler clear from this summer's Gathering...little tiny bubbles everywhere!

Aether clear...LOVE IT...but it does "yellow" out some of the silver colors. It melts well and is soft and NOT bubbles or scum!

Precision Diamond clear...I just ordered from Frantz and will TRY it next week! I have heard some good things!!!

WHY do I have so many CLEARS and WHY am I not really happy with too many of them???

Anyone else have input about their loves and woes with CLEAR glass???

Thanks!
Teresa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.