View Single Post
Old 2015-03-05, 8:04pm
Borovangelist

If it's rough like frosted glass, that's devit. If it's pitted and scuzzy looking, you might be boiling it. Crayon colors are super easy to boil if you're not careful. Heat them slow out in the flame and once they're turning red from the heat you can bring them into the working area of the flame.

From what you described, it sounds more like devitrification. If you're having trouble flame polishing it out, you can try sprinkling a little coarse kosher salt into the flame to sort of "fume" the sodium back into the glass; sometimes that will help. It's really kind of a last resort though, and better would be to learn to avoid it.

If you can box in your bench to reduce the amount of space your ventilation is moving air from, you can help preserve what little heat you might have in the room.

I use an infrared heater mounted over me where I work to keep me warm, it heats me, not the air.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|