View Single Post
Old 2015-03-19, 9:31am
Salt Box Beads

A few more tips for you:

I also use my printer to make labels for the glass when it comes in, I sit at the dining table so I can watch Tv while labeling every rod. I enjoy looking at my new glass and when I attach a label to the end of the rod I tape it on so that the clear scotch tape overlaps.

Rubber bands disintegrate out in my studio in the hot summers we have here so I don't use them. Loose rods tend to get shuffled around so just labeling the bundle on one rod doesn't work for me either. Plus I stock at least three coes so it is important that I label everything.

When I use only some of a rod it does not fit back into the PVC storage, it can get shoved back in there and then getting it out is not fun. So all of my used rods go somewhere else like into a long tray or into my upright shorts storage containers, see my old "horse Trailer thread" in studio sub forum for lots of pics.

No matter how small my rod gets or which glass pile it ends up in I know exactly what COE it is, which brand, what color and what date I purchased it on. These important details are all typed into the computer and then printed onto the labels. The date is especially important for matching color lots just like dye lots with yarn. There are so many odd lots out there now and trying to match them when the need arises can be a real pain unless you are diligent with labeling.

Hope this helps...