View Single Post
Old 2005-07-12, 5:08pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi
I got a longer hose and ran mine thru the window. One thing that I found to be very important is to be sure to shut the tank off and bleed your hose each time you shut down the torch. If I was taking a break I'd have to go out and shut off the tank and then come in and relight the torch to bleed the hose. If I didn't do it the hose would leak. I never did find a hose that could hold the pressure from the tank with the torch off. That I suspect, is why all the gas suppliers recommended a regulator, the torch itself doesn't need one, but the hoses probably do. I've since upgraded torches- and have the hothead only as a back up.

It has nothing to do with a regulator.... HOTHEAD is designed to run at tank pressures (100-125psi) most appliances and lampwork torches are designed to work at low pressures (anywhere from 1/3 psi to about 15psi)...

Good quality hose wil be rated at 300-350psi and the crimps on the ends (brass ferrels) should be crimped at 750psi (or more).... A quality hose should not leak. A connection not quite tight enough will leak... A poor quality hose is just that, poor quality.... It may leak...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal