Thread: Smoke Bomb Test
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-24, 6:54am

Acidfly - thanks for starting this thread with your first test. The funnel style vent system, as can be seen in your video, intrigues quite a few of us, myself included. I'm glad to see that you did the test with your torch running. Just to put things in context, would you mind sharing a little about your system? Things that would be helpful to know is how big the rectangular opening of your mini-hood is, what diameter vent pipe you used, how many cfm your fan is, and what type of torch you used in your demo. What would also be helpful to know is some idea how far away your hood is from your torch. It looks like you've moved it quite a bit closer than you had it in some of your earlier posts. Maybe a useful measurement would be from the center of your hood opening to the end of your torch.

The straight-on clips you provided are very interesting. There were a few things I couldn't tell about how the smoke was moving from that angle, however, that I think would be really good to know. Would you mind taking a video from the side? A clip from the side with the torch running, someone sitting at the torch splitting the flame with a glass rod and a smoke bomb released under the torch, as you did in your first video would be very valuable to see.

Thanks,
Linda