View Single Post
Old 2008-12-27, 4:01pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ewing View Post
Michelle, that is the fan I used for my setup. It may be a bit overpowered for a one torch bench. A lot will be determined by the size of the opening. Personally I like a bit more exhaust than minimum as long as it doesn't distort the flame.

This explains the hood setup I made for my wife and I.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64554

This is a quick peek at the finished hood with torches and tools installed:

The instructions for the Barley box would probably be fine for a small torch like the Cricket or Minor, but I personally would use cement board for the back panel.

I would also use fixed duct pipe instead of the flexible. The flex will cause way too much turbulence and static pressure for most fans. The gable mounts are not made to be used with ducts so would not do well at all in a flex duct situation. I have mine venting straight out the back in the upper center section of the bench. I have about 4 to 6 inches of duct to make the connection from the back of the hood to the fan in the wall.
I agree about the flexible duct. That was temporary until I could get the set up to through the roof.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.