View Single Post
Old 2009-07-02, 11:14am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

$48? I've got 2 oxy tanks that are size 2R. I believe if you own it, it is referred to as a
2R, but if you lease it I think it is referred to as a K. Anyways it is 5 feet tall and well over 100 lb in weight. My invoice refers to it as:

OX 2R Oxygen, compressed, 2.2
Customer Owned Vol: 251

To swap out this tank for a full one my invoice amount is now $28.92. Yes, I have to drive about 25 minutes each way to swap it for a full one. When I put the regulator on the pressure goes up to a tad over 2000lb. let me explain 'owning' and 'swapping'. For years I rented two tanks at a few bucks a month. After years I realized that I could buy each tank for about $140. (total $280. for two tanks). The tanks that I own are painted white on top. (I forgot what color the rented tanks are on top.) I take my empty tank to the gas place, drop it off, and take home another tank with a white top, all full and ready to go. I own them, so I do not pay any monthly rental, but I also never get back the exact same tank that I drop off. The only thing that I wonder about now is what would happen if I wanted to switch to a different supplier? Would he accept the tanks that I own and swap them out with his tanks? I guess I won't bother finding out until I find a closer place that is cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.