View Single Post
Old 2015-08-30, 4:23pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Default Elvis Purple Sable - Wow!

I've had this color for a few years and just tried it out. The results blew me away-just what I was looking for. I didn't know this color has greens, blues, browns, yellows and stuff in it.
I'm making donut beads for heavy-duty bracelets; 11-14 typical size donut beads per bracelet, depending on findings used between the beads, and a sterling or 14k gold lobster claw clasp.
I put one wrap of clear from a 5mm rod onto the mandrel. Then in a reducing flame I put 4-8 wraps of the Elvis Purple Sable. Once I get it rounded (donut shaped) I roll it in large clear frit. I melt the frit in still using the reducing flame. Then I add a little oxy to the flame to get my 7mm rod of clear warmed up and I coat the donut with 2 wraps of clear. Melt this in. With a 5mm rod of clear I add a little wrap around each end of the bead to get the clear glass cover closer to the mandrel. Melt in. Done. Anneal 1 hr. at 1050.
Don't hesitate to try rolling the bead in the large clear frit a second time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gmkcpa; 2015-08-30 at 4:25pm. Reason: add 'Melt this in."