View Single Post
Old 2013-10-12, 5:56am
Glass-aholic

What a pretty bead!! So sad it craCked!

I is end up getting a new batch of blue sludge, not one crack yet.. Just an FYI. I got both blue sludge and sludge plus. Have not tried the plus yet. I'll keep you updates.

I'm wondering what the base color is here, and how thin it really is. The general rule is 'as much glass on all sides at least as thick as the mandrel' that's bare min. A bead that thin can easily break if the tiniest bit of bead release gets broken on the mandrel when you press as well. Maybe try this in clear, then look to see of any bead release shifted. I would also think that if a silver glass didn't like its base color that being so thin if would pick that spot to pop apart. So again trying just clear will also tell you if that is the issue. Don't forget to decorate in a similar fashion (with clear also) to rule out heat stress fractures. Any troubles with any other shapes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: