View Single Post
Old 2006-07-28, 7:54am

Default Paragon Bluebird - Read if you've noticed any problems with your kiln

I posted an earlier post about my kiln issues. I received a new Bluebird last week and kept having thermocouple issues with the kiln. The kiln would error out after having worked with it for hours. I was getting a tcl error and the kiln would shut off. If I was at the kiln, I could just cancel out the program and start it up again - but if I was away, I would come back to a cooling kiln.

What upset me so much was that this kiln was a replacement for another Bluebird I received a few days earlier that also was not working.

I called Paragon and told them what was going on. They wondered how old my kiln was - I told them I had it for 2 days. I told them the problem and that I was wondering if the thermocouple being placed on the side next to one of the bead doors was erroring out when that bead door was opening because the temp was dropping to much.

They had one of their engineers look into it, they called Orton and figured out that the board in the controller was too sensitive for a bead door style kiln. They got some new boards in from Orton to fix this problem and they are sending one out to me to replace the one I currently have in the controller.

I'm not sure if they are going to be replacing all future kilns with these new boards or not - but if you have been running into the same problem, I'd suggest calling Paragon to let them know and they can get a new board out to you.

I do want to say that the people at Paragon were very friendly and quick to find a solution to my problem. Their customer service was exceptional.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.