View Single Post
Old 2014-10-26, 12:43pm
Ad astra per aspera

There's some serious OCD going on in that initial list.

I do keep water (in a square glass flower vase I got cheap at Michael's) but I've never 'killed' a bead with it. I use it for cooling tools and dumping pulled-off rod ends, tiny bits of stringer and other glass trash.

Virtually every class I've attended would be in violation of this seating idea. Spitting glass happens! I've also noted, over the years, that it will go wherever the hell it wants, regardless of where it's actually pointed. I generally aim the tip in the flame more or less forward of my body with a slight right tilt. I've had bits miraculously jump into my water, shoot off to the left or right, and once caught a pile of dirty laundry on "smolder" when a piece shot over my shoulder and behind me, back when I worked in my basement. Glass has a mind of its own.

I try to keep my tools out of direct flame, but it doesn't always work. Hell, when I pull stringer I use a metal chopstick, and put it IN the flame on purpose, so it heats up enough to bond with the glass for the pull.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.