View Single Post
Old 2017-01-02, 1:37pm

Default Newbie help please- dh and terminology

Hello,

I recently did a lampworking 1 day course and fell in love with it- I bought myself the starter kit but have been using a MAPP torch instead of the hothead as the propane tank kept stuttering and I lost my flame a LOT!

I have cooling bubbles and a Prometheus mini kiln so I have been making my bhb and then cooling (bubbles are in a slow cooker for added heat) I was going to batch anneal when I have enough beads that I feel are worth keeping. I just get muddy looking beads at the moment which leads me to my dilemma -

I fell in love with the double helix glass rods but I have been unsuccessfully trying to get the beautiful colours from it that I've seen advertised. I'm sure it's to do with the torch but having read through this board and googling etc I'm non the wiser on how to proceed.
People talk about Garaging, striking and reducing- non of which are terms that I was told about when doing my course. (Creative glass guild)
I plans to expand my current jewellery business to included bhb glass beads containing ashes as I already work with a funeral director to do other bits so I'm hoping someone can help me please so that I can start 2017 off with the right skills!

Many thanks in advance

Nicola