View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 10:20am
Still makin' flowers...

Remember to bring - two sponser items (should be a glassy thing)
Optional - silent auction donation (can be anything). I'll be taking care of this, so you can give that item directly to me on Thursday nite or Friday morn.

Check out the classes you are taking on deb's website. They'll tell you what tools to bring. Make sure your tools are well labeled and in something you can carry. We don't have room for rolly-carts in the location.

You don't need to bing mandrels or bead release. Glass Stock provides both.

Thursday Night, Oct 27
6pm - "Meet and Greet" will start at 6pm on Thursday.
Don't forget your signed and notarized waiver!
7-10pm - demos - 4 people at a time doing their 20-60 minute demo. Send in your demo information to Doretha Jones (dvmeow@aol.com) If you need special colors, foils, frits, etc, please BRING ENOUGH FOR YOU TO COMPLETE YOUR DEMONSTRATION!!! We will supply basic boro and Moretti. You'll win a demo piece from someone else on Sunday!

Friday Oct 28
7:30 Check-in begins.
8am SHARP - Safety meeting starts.
9am - Classes Begin
morning sessions are 9-1pm
1-2pm is lunch break
2-6pm are afternoon sessions
6-7pm dinner break. All attendees need to exit building
7-10pm Open Torch, Silent Auction and Man/Woman Auction.

about: The "Man/Woman auction" - a great way to buy an art piece made especially for you and you get to watch the artist make it! Anyone can sign up at the auctions start, the artist should be able to make the piece in an hour or less. These pieces must be completed Friday or Saturday night at open torch or the money is refunded to winning bidder. Please bring a few items you can make in an hour for people to see what they might pick for you to make if they win you. It is hard to bid on something you can't see and a great way for some of the attendees to get a fellow artist's work! Half of the proceeds goes to the artist directly, half goes to Glass Stock Scholarship fund. I purchased Eric Eisner this past year at Glass Stock West and he gave me a beginner's lesson in how to use boro tubing. He taught me to make a little ornament and a tiny bottle.

About the Silent Auction - You get to bid on something! Write your name and your bid amount on the sheet of paper in front of the item. Highest bid wins!

Saturday
9am - Classes Begin
morning sessions are 9-1pm
1-2pm is lunch break
2-6pm are afternoon sessions
6-7pm dinner break. All attendees need to exit building
7-10pm Open Torch, Pajama Jam and Glassy Hat Contest

Saturday night we have our "Pajama Jam" and "Glassy Hat" contests! Anyone who shows up in jammies (non-flammable, something you would really sleep in!) can enter voting for best pajamas. For Pajama Jam, anyone wearing jammies who signs up by 7:15 we will randomly pair up with someone else at 7:30pm. Both people start a bead or sculpture...after 10 minutes you both switch and the other person works to finish creating it in 10 minutes. If you participate, then on Sunday you will get to draw and win one of the items made by 2 other people who made them too. We will do 8 people, 4 teams, at a time.

For the hat contest, you have to be able to wear it (not torch in it)! ANY hat that has glass you made on it somewhere counts but presentation is huge too! Voting for best Pajamas and Best hat will be from 7:15-7:30pm. Winners will be announced at 7:30.

Sunday
9am-1pm - Classes
2:30 pm - drawing for demo pieces & items created at jamma jam
3pm - group photo
3-5pm - Open Torch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-10-25 at 6:54am.