View Single Post
Old 2005-07-30, 2:26pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBrach
DGf (I don't know this acronym) deserves MUCH praise for giving woodworking a try. A scroll saw is perfect because if it is bolted down, it is pretty safe to use even with limited mobility.
Bill,

first off, I probably should have my foot in my mouth for spouting off! that said, ty for the compliments for my DGf (Dear Grandfather) as he did AWESOME woodwork before and AFTER his stroke. I still have furniture he made and live in a house he built. I just know that if it had been taken from him after the stroke, he would have had little joy to live for... and he didn't have much with the stroke, diabetes, parkinson's, and moving from his home...

I do understand and appreciate your insights. It's just, as a clinical social worker, working with people in mental health, I see feats of determinism and faith work wonders daily. I also, of course, see feats of defeatism and anger work their destruction daily.

(btw, I thought it looked a little "unfinished" too for the money they want!)

Stacy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.