Thread: Dead Mini CC
View Single Post
Old 2020-06-06, 3:04pm

Default Dead Mini CC

Pretty sure my husband killed my 10 year old mini cc He was working on the ventilation ducting overhead and it all fell apart and part of it must’ve hit the port end of my torch. When I turned it back on the flame candles were all different lengths, so I think the ports got damaged. I emailed Carlisle to see if there’s any saving it but I really doubt it. It’s probably time I looked at getting a new torch anyway. I’m wondering if I should go bigger this time? My new studio is very small (converted shed) and I was noticing before the accident that I was getting some flickering at the top of the flame, probably due to some turbulence from either inside the vent funnel or from my AC nearby. I’m wondering if a torch that’s more powerful than the mini cc would overcome that bit of turbulence? I currently am using propane with an ex-15 OxyCon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials