View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 5:15pm

(raising my hand...) But isn't having 3 separate forums just going to complicate the issue? To solve this problem we have to address what's actually causing it.

The reason there's a problem with keeping posts where they should be is that the paid tutorials forum, because it's a subforum of the main tutorials forum, is perceived as receiving less attention. Tutorial authors feel if they don't post about their paid tutorials in the main forum too, they will be overlooked.

The easiest way to resolve this problem would be to get rid of the paid tutorials subforum, replace it with a free tutorials subforum, and let both paid and free tutorials be discussed in the main forum. That way, all tutorial authors (both paid and free) would be free to post in the main forum, anyone who wanted to see info about all tutorials (both paid and free) could find it in the main forum, and the free tutorials subforum would be limited to discussion of free tutorials only, for those who don't want to see any posts about paid tutorials. Seems to me that that way, everybody would be happy. Paid tutorial authors wouldn't feel they were being segregated from the "real" forum where all the action is, and those who are only interested in free tutorials would have a subforum dedicated to free tuts, where paid tut authors aren't going to feel a need to crosspost because they can already post in the main forum.

To sum up, I'm suggesting:

Tutorials - Discussion of any tutorials, paid or free
Free Tutorials (Subforum) - Discussion of free tutorials only

Mind you, I suspect that if Corri really wanted to make any changes, she probably would have already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.