View Single Post
Old 2006-02-09, 12:56am

Each piece takes me about 45 minutes from start to finish. I primarily use GA rods. Not sure which kind of clear I have been using but yes, I am building my color on a clear core/rod. I try not to repeat the heating and cooling cycle too much because I know that the colors could go muddy. I am getting great color except for these isolated areas!

An example ... I noticed this occurring on areas of some exposed Amazon Night (which look black). I would layer clear over part of a stripe but then once melted in I would let some of the color creep out from underneath the clear and in some places along that exposed line I would get this odd surface that looked like devit. It was a cool effect with the cased part being a vibrant green and the unencased part being black ... just don't want this nasty 'devit' stuff to happen anymore!

When I get to the torch next I will try similar colors again and try to watch more closely when I see it happen in the flame ... maybe I am boiling the color ... I'll watch for it and see.

Thank you for trying to help me figure this out! Just another mystery to solve with this glass ....

Kari