View Single Post
Old 2011-05-01, 3:51pm
old fart

1st off, my hats off to dale. he is a good source of information that is very needed here. and 99% of the time we agree, so i rarely feel the need to chime in. but i must disagree with him on this topic. i have always said, and still say that the only way you can safely and legally use a hothead torch with a bulk tanks is if the torch, hose and tank are ALL 100% outside. it is not ok to run a hose in through an partially open window or door and it is way not OK to have a tank inside. there have been several people who have had potentially major accidents using a hothead torch with a hose, and it is only a matter of time till some one get hurt or killed. if you have a hothead, use a small 1 pound tank. you can find the tanks for less than $2 if you shop around. if you can't handle this, then get a fuel/oxygen torch because they run off of fuel pressures from 1/4 to 20 psi which is legal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by laserglass; 2011-05-02 at 5:28am.