View Single Post
Old 2011-12-03, 3:18pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra-p96 View Post
Do we need to bring millefiore for the ring class
Hi Kim, If you want to try adding cane sections to a ring, we can go over to Effetre and buy some there. I don't think we will have time to make our own cane. These canes used in Diegos samples are actually furnace cane from Davide Salvadore.

At Effetre, they allow us to shop in the millefior and filigrana room. But, if you have some handy at home, it's okay to bring some with you too! The cranky woman (I can't say her nickname here in public) in charge of that room is okay if we shop quick and drop cash fast, LOL. She's a character! One of many you will get to meet if going there is desired. If you are not shopping, do not even think of asking to go in. She has little tollerance for anything much. But it sure is worth it.

The cool thing about this room, is they also have smaller lots of broken millefiore shorts for a lot cheaper than buying murrine. The lots of millefior are smaller than the 10 kilo bundles of solid color, so also a good thing. It's easy to bundle them and pack them to take home in suitcases too.

Awe..... thanks, Marcy! I'm so happy returning to Murano is on your bucket list! It is addictive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2011-12-03 at 3:21pm.