Thread: CIM Shocky?
View Single Post
Old 2014-08-01, 5:02am

You can't paint a whole brand of glass with one characteristic, so no - CiM as a whole is not any more shocky than any other brand of 104 coe glass.

As a tester for CiM glass, what I can tell you is that some of their opaques - greens more than any other in my experience, can be shocky. The darker, more saturated greens and teals have had some tendency to shock, but that's pretty much par for the course in many opaque greens across the brands, in my experience. The lighter opaques don't have any shocky issues that I can recall. Transparents haven't been shocky at all.

Once I had a rod of Mermaid shock like crazy, but the rest of the batch was fine!

I've had good luck preheating the ends of shocky rods of any brand in the kiln for a few minutes before using them. Or, I just introduce them to the flame really slowly.

I hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.