View Single Post
Old 2007-02-17, 5:44pm
In search of her path....

Thats the key, the people judging dont have an the original to go from. If you give them an already altered image its even more difficult. Like I said before you can usually send both but they do have image adjusters that know what they are doing as well to adjust images. My images when I take my pictures are actually very close to to reality. I have very little to adjust with bead images with the exception of cropping, and sharpening sometimes I may need to brighten an image but very rarely. It is about having the right setup for your product. I didnt have a problem sending completely unedited images to The bead review as they requested and I sent an adjusted image as they said we could.

A quality publication of any sort WILL and do adjust images for quality before they go to publication and THAT is why you need to learn how to use your equipment to the best of your ability.

But really whos to know what you did to your image? unless they have a recall software to see the editing sequence you did to your image.

Go ahead edit to your lil hearts content make it look as it is which if everyone was honest and did that would be fine but people are not always honest and good people. I see examples of this all the time in galleries and show n tell where people show off items that people go gah gah gah over and in person they look NOTHING like the pictures they post or submit to publications.

I guess thats where my pet peave it. If your photo you are submitting doesnt look like the item in real life in average lighting then I dont think the photos are very truthful.

I take what the people asking for images for publication literally if they ask for unedited photos they mean it. In no way edited or altered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!