View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 11:45am
jessica barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post
I was not torching 6-8 hrs a day. I was torching maybe 3 hrs a day during the weekend so maybe a total of 6 hrs a week. It does not take much to damage yourself not to mention anyone else in the house. Ok so we cant read you mind and know that you are thinking about ventilation (that means a hood and proper fan) but from your responses its easy to think that you are not...ventilation does not have to cost an arm and a leg.
I got a 800cfm fan on ebay for just over 200. I am going to build my own hood. I am going to build a wood frame and line it with metal.

word, tiggy.

& it can cost even less than that if you really do some research & make yourself determined to stay within a certain budget. i have put off setting up shop & doing what i love, glass work, ALL FOR SAFETY REASONS. after waiting & searching i finally found an 890CFM fan for only $20 on craigslist - yes as in TWENTY, i did not make a typo. i intend to build a hood/funnel thing for it which from what i've looked at can do for less than $50. which means i'll have a pretty good ventilation set up for less than $100.

right now i refuse to set up my shop because the hose i have is r grade, which is not appropriate for propane, so i will not use it (it came with my regulators) & because i don't have flashback arrestors.

all i'm saying is, safety first, 'cos WE LUBS OUR FELLOW LAMPWORKER & WANT YOU TO STAY HEALTHY ENOUGH TO TORCH FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jes
i make stuff & also things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|