View Single Post
Old 2011-05-31, 6:22am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default effetre Dichro over Devardi

Hi Everyone, I worked on some tests this weekend, and I thought I would share my triumphs and flops...

This Lentil-wanna-be was made in the Lydia Muell style. I got one of her Tutorials quite a while ago and this is my first go. I wrecked the Orchid Murrini center, but I really liked the effect of the effetre Dichro Twistie I made and then layered over the D-53 Transp. Ocean Blue (which was on top of SOP White).

The base is made of Intense Black with effetre Dichro-on-black striped around it and melted and pressed in. I would use the Copper Black next time to see if it is softer to shape.

This base bead is made with the effetre Dichro Twistie wrapped and melted in on the D-53 Ocean Blue (over a base of SOP White) so you can see the brilliant sparkly color better... the flower centers were flops, but the idea is interesting for another go I think...

Some pretty effects, now to isolate what works well and what doesn't!

And last but not least, I have been making hearts for BOC and this is the effetre Dichro Twistie doodled all over Devardi's Transp. Med. Amythest. It might be pretty over other colors too. It's much prettier in person.

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2011-05-31 at 8:55am.