View Single Post
Old 2007-05-04, 5:46am
The Andrea Half

Default Calling All Electricity Gurus

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause a Bartlett controller to short out and an oxycon to have compressor problems?

I just moved into a new house. When I set up my lampworking area, two of my electrical tools either shorted out or quit working--the kiln controller and the oxygen concentrator. The Bartlett three-key controller shorted out rather spectacularly at the stage where it begins to heat the kiln coils. When I had my electrician replace the transformer, it shorted out again at the same place. AIM replaced the transformer, and it is working perfectly. From what I gather about the oxygen concentrator, its compressor is having trouble; the machine can't turn the motor to begin working.

Now, the electrician had never worked on kilns, but AIM didn't say anything about his having installed the transformer incorrectly. They think it may be something in the wiring here. So before I waste another $12 on shipping and $48 on repair of the controller, plus $81 for fruitless repair, plus $60 for shipping the oxygen concentrator, none of which I can afford:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause a Bartlett controller to short out and an oxycon to have compressor problems? I have a home warranty and it would be nice to have something precise to tell whatever electrician the company sends out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.