View Single Post
Old 2009-02-01, 10:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
Well at least we don't pay in advance and it take a YEAR to get your order!!

Going to place my order now...lol
ROFLMAO....
You're too funny Liza!!

I'll agree on the batting--not the best choice--glass doesn't like coming all the way to maine that way ...plus it's hard to save any little chips for frit--can't get them OUT of the batts --a few broken rods--nothing I can't melt--I use shorts anyway--but something I'd definitely consider switching--even a bunch of newspaper crumpled up in there tight to make the glass stay "firm" & not shift would be good (I think the batting is just too soft & lets the glass move!)
A lot of places will give you newspapers for free when they're outdated if you ask (I know we used to @ the convienient store--the paper place didn't want 'em back & we had to pay for our dumpster to be emptied!...some newspaper printers will give 'em too)

Other than that--I'm soooo goin' nuts waiting for the weekend of the 14th--it's GLASS JAM weekend! (I'm taking the glass to Playing With Fire! in Rockland, so I'm sure it will get shared around a bit & completely messed with by a bunch of us crazy folks up here in the frozen north!) I really like the colors I'm seeing--Can't wait for those pinks to come in!

I really like the color of the light rose in the rod, the burgundy looks really nice & so does the dk amythest--I'm REALLY watching all your tests on that color--if it's looking non-compatable, then we'll "heart" it (I only got 4 pounds/4 colors to test) into BOC hearts @ the glass jam as a "self-color-only" bead--and seeing what folks are doing with the black is very cool--hoping someone can blow some shards out of mine @ the jam (I'm awful @ that!) to share around!

~luna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies