Thread: Frantz Billing
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-16, 12:44pm

Default Frantz Billing

First off, I love Frantz Art Glass and always have.

However, I think it's time for them to really evaluate and change their online billing procedure. It's always been cumbersome, but apparently in the last few months, the procedure for charging for a glass order via their website has gotten even more convoluted.

Here's how it is now, based on my experience this last week.

I ordered glass from their website last Thursday. That day, I received an email with the order details, and a total cost with shipping, which is and has always been an estimate.

Friday, I received another email, with the PDF of the sales order, complete with adjusted shipping totals, which was an amount slightly larger than the first total from Thursday.

Friday, I also receive a receipt from Paypal for the Frantz order, that has a *third* total amount, which is higher than the first two.

Confused, I called Frantz this morning to ask why I was overcharged. The service rep (who seems frustrated with this process as well) told me that the PayPal receipt is just a hold - that there will be a **fourth** amount - the real amount - after the order is invoiced. Which will happen tomorrow, because the order hasn't even been pulled yet.

Folks, this seems like there is an extra, unneeded step here. I understand the need to estimate shipping. That could account for the hold from PayPal, and one of the "estimated" totals. But the other one is superfluous and confusing. There has to be a better way. Why send the PDF sales order if the total isn't right? There's already an estimate from the website. You should wait to send the PDF until the total is correct, in my opinion.

I'll still buy from Frantz - I have for over a decade. I wanted to voice my opinion here, since it seems that even the customer service person at Frantz thinks this procedure is confusing, and she says she has to explain it to people a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.