View Single Post
Old 2018-08-03, 1:56am

Do not forget to also include the cost to take time and swap K tanks out. I usually do mine on a Monday and it usually just kills my day as far as production. And last but not least, how much grief will it save you, every time I walk in and the oxy pirates tell me my fill cost has gone up another 10% I go ballistic. I can do without all the BS and corporate greed.

If you want to go the compressed oxy con route take a look at Metalbone's thread about using a Homefill II compressor and oxy cons. Initial cost is significantly lower. Stay tuned to this forum as I have a feeling you will see another tutorial using that system in the near future.

One thing to remember is none of these systems are designed to run continuous. A bottle or two a week is about all you will be able to compress and get any longevity out of your equipment.

How many bottles do you have? These micro compressors work best with lower pressures. Best case scenario would be to have a bank of 4 or more cylinders and only fill the entire bank to say 1000 psi. The volume will make up for the pressure but at a better fill rate and with less wear and tear on the compressor.

__________________________________________________ ________
Never take investment advice from someone who has to work for a living
All the best,Oanivin
Diceus

Last edited by Oanivin; 2018-08-03 at 2:01am.