View Single Post
Old 2015-03-07, 5:49pm

Thank you again Phill... So I can just put the liquid in the trash as well; maybe put it into a Ziploc bag with a couple paper towels to absorb some of it?

Here's an unrelated question for you or anyone who has an answer... I experimented with the salt/ammonia patina last night as discussed on the forum and wonder how long I should wait for the reaction to finish changing before I polish a little with sandpaper or steel wool? I think I didn't wait long enough last night...It was black and wet looking like mentioned in a forum post... I did want it to be blue but wasn't really sure what was going to happen or when "it" would happen. Is there a step I missed like dipping in water after it dried but before sealing?

I waited until it was dry and rubbing wouldn't remove the blackish finish; rubbed with steel wool a bit, then sealed with clear water-based varnish. The sealant seems to have started the reaction again... This morning when I got up, it had a grainy blue residue on the surface. BRIGHT BLUE!

Thanks...
Sharon

Last edited by ItsMeSB; 2015-03-07 at 6:12pm.