View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 1:00pm

Default Murrini Simplified, A Collection of 75+ Recipes

Hi all!

Here's a tutorial I've been working on. After a lot of searching for murrini recipes (and not finding enough to suit me) I started playing. This is the result.

This tutorial is a recipe book of color combinations for making murrini. It contains a cane-making demonstration, dozens of recipes, an extra mini tutorial, and several tips I found going through this process.

Features:

Over 75 color combinations for making your own murrini
50 pages of cane-making demonstration, recipes and tips
200 color photographs
Hot head friendly!

This tutorial also addresses other issues such as:

How to handle colors that spread or bleed
How to deal with glass that devitrifies
How to get silver glass to reduce nicely
How to determine if colors will work well together in murrini cane
How to get realistic, flower-like color variations in murrini
How to cut straight murrini chips

No unusual tools are required, and this tutorial uses glass from several manufacturers: Creation is Messy, Double Helix, Effetre (Moretti), Reichenbach, Trautman Art Glass, Vetrofond and Zimmerman. Due to the wide variety and number of recipes, you probably already have many of the colors used in several of the recipes. A few recipes use limited or out of production glass, but you may have it in your stash, or there are others that work just as well.

Here are some pictures of finished murrini from a few of the recipes:

The price is $25, and here's the link to the tutorial in my Etsy store: http://www.rocsdesigns.etsy.com

Thanks for looking!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2013-09-27 at 9:29am.