View Single Post
Old 2007-08-03, 11:38am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersdesign View Post
Yeah Kim you go girl. rip him a new behind.

Kim, that is a lot of good info. I have a desktop cnc mill that I was thinking of trading to another glass blowing for a HA 65mm.

But dam, if the 40mm uses over 120 scfh, then what would a 65mm use?

Forget that I love my GTTs

Kim have to used a big arni? That seems like a cool torch you should test.

I bet you and willy are glad to be home. Was great to meet you at the gathering. I wish we would of had more time as I would of really liked talk to and picked at willy brain more.

Robert
I missed sevedral posts, and this was one of them!

It was great to meet you and your family, too, Robert!

To answer your question about the 65, according to HA, it uses 4.7 cubic meters of oxygen per hour. That translates to 165.91 cubic feet per hour.

Something that William does not understand is pressure and volume. There are torches that require large amounts of volume, but because they do not have many internal restrictions, that volume can be more free-flowing, hence the lower pressure requirement. If a torch is built with more internal restrictions, like the triple mix torches with the tiny injector tubes inside, it will need a higher pressure to push through whatever volume of gas it needs.

Sometimes, higher pressures are used to eliminate flame fluctuations (surges and drops) when switching from innerfire operation to inner and outer fire operation. On the three stage torches, like the Delta Mag, the surge or drop can be very noticeable. That is why you may need to run 100 psi on the oxygen to keep the transition from going inner-to-outer-to outer outer smooth, even though the torch is only consuming at most 80-85 cubic feet of oxygen per hour.