View Single Post
Old 2007-08-06, 1:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle Zorko View Post
There was the most awesome hand torch at the Gathering. Maybe someone knows what the heck it was. It attached to a stand on the bench and it had "hand controls" to adjust oxy and propane right at the point where you held it. It could see that it would be great for so many applications. I also suspect that it might be danged expensive too. If anyone knows what it was, post here.
I think you are referring to the Wale prototype hand torch. It was only hooked up the second night of the Gathering's open torch, and it was hooked up at the table where the Bethlehem burners (Barracuda's I think) were. That was also the same table where Lewis rocked the house the night before using the Japanese glass.

Anyways, that hand torch is a prototype that Wale is developing that has the same kind of head as their Firebird bench model. The neat feature about it is that it has two rollers around the thumb area where you can roll them forward of backwards to adjust the flow. Very nice design, and a great little torch. I spent some time on it and found the head to be very versatile, and actually liked it better than the bench model, if that makes sense.

I have no idea what the price is on it, and also am not sure when it will be available for sale. Contact Wale Apparatus for more details on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!