Thread: Long Beads
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-25, 8:15am

Default Long Beads

Hey guys! Lately I have been making some long beads between 2 and 3 inches long. I have problems with most of them. I use Bucket-O-Mud and I swore by it till these long beads. I cant get them off. It's the ends because when I do get them off or if I really mess with them, the ends crack off. I usually roll them in powdered frit of some sort and some of that sticks to the mandrel right at the ends of the mandrel. The ones that I can get off are super hard to get off. Should I use a different bead release? More than an inch and these things stick. In fact now that I think about it, I had 4 beads made by others at my bead jam that I couldn't get off either and they were about an inch and a half long....hmmmmmmm....anyone out there use B-O-M for long beads? What do you guys like for long beads. I am really disapointed because otherwise I have never ever lost a bead with B-O-M.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need custom made price tags? Check out my friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
! Mention my name.
I LOVE these cards, plus they make life a little easier when getting ready for shows!