Thread: Jelly Fish
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 6:51pm

After reading this thread I tried one of each technique I saw:
(from left to right)

Mary K - Rod implosion with tungsten picked dots for bubble covered by color for cap and then clear for cap spreading...

Dragonharper - Paint tentacles onto a 4mm clear, then encase and add a cap

Marcel - Tube implosion with dot on back that is coated in clear to create cap

Castaway - tube implosion with dots added partway, cap is tooled over and creates the lip up like maui greenstone's jellies

Patienthand - mushroom method with stringers over clear, not with reticello

dlando1 (Dave) - Double maria method - tentacles as a rod implosion, and cap as a half-rod implosion indented by graphite before attachment

Mary K - sometimes adds white&clear twisty to make tiny tentacles on edge of cap

I'm grateful to all of you who posted these. Never before have I tried making jellies, but they are a lot of fun! I think I'm going to try and make a moon jelly soon and I'll try to remember to post that... I'd love to be able to contribute to this thread. I'm also sure that each of these techniques would turn out a lot better if I practiced a bit. Each time there were things I would have done differently... The one thing that really helps is the marble mold! I highly suggest everyone who tries these to test out using the marble mold to make the cap of the jelly!! Also if I messed up your technique in my notes let me know - I tried to do a one sentence synopsis but I might have misunderstood :s

Cheers!
Max
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.